As innovations are occurring in every department of life, in the same way, ordinary plastic credit cards are now replaced by metal credit cards. Metal Credit Cards are available in the U.S. These cards allow consumers to customize them according to their interests. For example, the consumer can customize their colors, and they can also have their picture in the background of a metal card.
Best Metal Credit Cards
What Is A Metal Credit Card?
The use of credit cards and debit card is becoming a trend these days. You can use these cards for every dealing range from the shopping of cups to cars payments. The primary use of metal credit cards is in paying bills. These Metal Credit Cards consist of stainless steel, brass, copper, and gold or platinum. The cards consist of an alloy of metals and plastic to make them sturdy and flashy. The use of metal cards is now becoming common worldwide for payment of billings and other stuff. But these cards are frequently used in the U.S.
How Do I Get A Metal Credit Card?
You can get your metal credit card by following the procedure described below. You can receive some metal credit cards when you apply for a card. Like Amex Black card is made by applying for this card. To get a J.P Morgan Reserve credit card, applicants must have a JP Morgan Private Bank account. In this account, you must have at least 10 million dollars in investable assets. Besides these two cards, all other metal credit cards accept online applications. So have to go to their website, follow the link on the website and fill the form. By doing this, you have applied for that metal credit card. When your application gets accepted, the company will call you and verify your basic information, and you will get your card.
Features And Characteristics Of Best Metal Credit Cards
Metal credit cards are not different from typical traditional cards. The slight difference between traditional credit cards and metal credit cards is that metal credit cards are slightly heavier and more durable.
Here are some details about metal credit cards.
- The main feature of these metal cards is that they are difficult to discard. Because they consist of metal, so you can not cut them and throw them in the rubbish. If you want to dispose of them, then you need any industrial equipment to dispose of them. The main procedure to discard these cards is that you have to apply for canceling them.
- Another fact about metal credit cards is that these cards set off the metal detector. So if you pass through a security gate, that gate will not mention that metal card as carrying these cards is not a security risk.
List Of 10 Best Metal Credit Cards
In this part, we will let you know about some best metal credit cards:
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card
- Platinum Card American Express
- American Express Gold Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Citi Prestige Card
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card
- Capital One Venture
- Delta Skymiles
- JP Morgan Metal Credit Card
What’s The Difference Between The Metal Credit Cards?
There are a lot of best metal credit cards now available in the markets. These metal cards are almost the same, but a few features are different, bringing them in contrast to another. The appearance of these cards is nearly the same. But don’t think that their work is also the same. Every card has its own distinct and specific task. Here are some details about above mentioned 3 top cards.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card offers a 20,000 point bonus and 200% redemption if you spend $1,000 in the first three months after opening your account, attracting many new cardholders. These lucrative rewards cards include 3 points for every dollar spent on food, travel, transit, station purchases, and select streaming services.
Wells Fargo does not reveal the exact metals used to make the card, but it weighs about 10 grams heavier than a typical plastic credit card. One of the unique features of this card that makes it a metal card is that it is one of the only metal credit cards with an annual fee of 0%.
- By using this card for several types of shopping and payment, you will get 3X points
- Points will not expire
- You can quickly transfer points from one card to another Well Fargo card
- 1x point reward will become low on non-bounce categories
- You can’t make transfer partners
- You don’t get a bounce point by doing groceries on this card
Cardmembers can get back up to $550 in annual fees for travel, groceries, and groceries worth up to $500. In addition, with the American Express Platinum Card, you earn 5 points per dollar on the American Express travel portal booked prepaid hotel flights, 2 points per dollar on American Express Travel prepaid car rentals, and 1 point per dollar on other purchases. For a qualifying airline, there is no annual fee of $200, bank statements, or incidental expenses; registration is required.
- Got 5X points on eligible travel
- Perfect for luxury travel
- High annual fee
- There is no default option to carry
The American Express Gold Card is a reward for spending food. In addition, American Express Experience offers discounts on first-choice tickets for public events such as concerts and sporting events.
- The possibilities of earning rewards are high
- You can transfer points to many partners
- You can get a regular or gold version
- Fewer reward opportunities
- Fewer lounge benefits
The Citi Prestige Card earns 5 points for every dollar spent on restaurants and air travel, 3 points for every dollar spent on hotels and cruise lines, and 1 point for each dollar spent on other purchases. In addition to the points you earn on the card, the Citi “Tokyou” program allows you to combine points on multiple cards and other Citi Banking products and transfer cash with a Citi (r) Double Cash Card, or receive points from the program. The 5% back in Citi points, also known as “Tokyou points,” can be redeemed at a cent-per-point interest rate to repay Citi mortgages and student loans.
- Citi Prestige transfer can convert Thank-you points into cash
- Recommendable for traveler
- High annual fee
The JP Morgan Chase Reserve Credit Card is made from laser-etched palladium gold and was formerly called the Palladium Card and was available only by invitation. Still, JP Morgan does not specify the requirements.
- Extraordinary item
- First-class service
- Invitation only
How Can You Select A Metal Card?
After seeing many options and opportunities on every metal credit card, you may get confused about which card you will select.
So we will recommend you consider the points described below before picking a metal card for you.
- You must notice that the card you are selecting has a compatible reward and annual fee. And you must see that you will pay an annual fee for better rewards.
- Go for a card according to your interest or spend. For instance, if you travel a lot, select a traveling card as traveling cards pay you more reward on flights or travel to get a double benefit.
How To Destroy Metal Credit Cards?
Something is clear; it is not possible to destroy your fancy Metal Credit Card with your paper shredder. So how could you destroy or dispose of your metal credit card?
The safest way to destroy a metal card is to contact the card issuer and find out how to dispose of the card. Credit card companies that offer metal credit cards often give cardmembers the option of requesting a prepaid envelope to return an expired metal card. Credit card companies are responsible for destroying or recycling the card, so members can be sure that the card issuer discards their card information. Another possibility is you drop off your old Metal Credit Card direct at your local bank store.
The Bottom Line
On our recommendation, do not make any mess. Always apply for the metal card you need. As these metal credit cards consist of brass, steel, platinum, and plastic. So if you apply for more than any other cards, it will be a waste of money and a loss of metals. We hope you will surely get a profound idea about the best metal credit cards by reading this post and how can you get a metal credit card for yourself? What are the characteristics of metal credit cards? And how can you select a metal card for yourself? So, choose your metal card by utilizing the information given in the post. And then, you will pick the best metal credit card for yourself.