Today, Mydollarbills is proud to announce it’s a signatory to The Climate Pledge. The Climate Pledge is a commitment to net zero carbon by 2040 that forms a cross-sector community of companies and organizations working together to crack the climate crisis and solve the challenges of decarbonizing our economy. Amazon and Global Optimism co-founded the Climate Pledge in 2019.
“Climate change is a subject for everybody. That is why we at Mydollarbills also want to contribute our part,” said Christopher Stark, the Co-Founder of Mydollarbills.
Joining the Climate Pledge
By signing the Pledge, Mydollarbills commits to three areas of action:
1, Measure and report greenhouse gas emissions regularly;
2, Implement decarbonization strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through real business changes and innovations, including efficiency improvements, renewable energy, materials reductions, and other carbon emission elimination strategies;
3, Neutralize any remaining emissions with additional, quantifiable, real, permanent, and socially beneficial offsets to achieve net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
Eliminate environmental impact
- Renewable energy: As a blog, we primarily need power for office equipment like computers. We will shift the company’s energy consumption 100% to wind, solar, and water energy by 2022.
- Minimize waste: To reduce paper waste, we are a paperless office that means we have a work environment in which paper use is eliminated or significantly reduced. We also promote articles about startups that help minimize food waste by finding ways to helping food stores sell their surplus food instead of throwing it away.
- Increase recycling: In the Mydollarbills office, waste separation is a standard. If possible, we try to use the modern resources of urban mining.
- Cutting down carbon emissions: Mydollarbills is working with freelancers from all over the world. We are connected with our freelancers entirely digitally. Meetings and correspondence are online only. This fact reduces the need for business trips what lowers carbon emissions.
Offset environmental impact
- Because we can’t eliminate all our environmental impact, Mydollarbills donate 1% of the profit to existing sustainable projects that f.e. plant trees.
- We at Mydollarbills want to drive positive change to the planet, so we are developing our own environmental projects. (Release planned in 2022)
Green Personal Finance
- Green Personal Finance is not famous at the moment. Mydollarbills wants to give all people the connection to green personal finance with our articles and show the people financial institutions and funds that invest responsibly.
- Mydollarbills wants to make access to Green Personal Finance as easy as possible, so we are currently working on a green personal finance app for everybody (Release 2022).